Well I woke up early Monday morning to take my sister to the airport. It was overcast and drizzling - something I thought I would see in Seattle but now here. And all the while the weather in Seattle was in the 80's - go figure!
After dropping her off and driving back to my apartment - I got really homesick, but I didn't have time to think as I needed to get ready for work and get on the road.
Traffic wasn't too bad - takes about 30 or so minutes to get to E! I don't take the freeways as it's probably slower taking them.
I got to the offices a half hour early and waited in the reception area until the Intern Coordinator came in to welcome everyone. It was a nice wait because I got to watch the E! shows on all the TV's on the wall. haha.
After filling out some paperwork and getting pictures taken for security badges, some other interns and I talked about where we were from and departments we were interning at. They were all nice - but I probably wont see them again since we're all in different departments - but maybe around the offices - I forget all their names though.
My supervisor Martha came down to reception and got me and showed me my desk. It has everything you'd expect - but also has a TV. I dont know where the remote is though - so I don't watch it.
The first day I did little projects and also some training. Not too heavy - I didn't pack a lunch and didn't really know where to eat so I just had a vending machine lunch. Not too glamorous but it worked.
Before I knew it the day was over and I was headed home. Traffic was a little worse going home - but I was also exhausted and ready to be home - which made it seem longer. I was going to stop by the grocery store - but I didn't have much time and really just wanted to go home. So I did. But once I got to my apartment I realized all I had to eat was granola bars. great. oh well.
I watched some tv shows and was asleep by 10 - which is not normal for me. 10? c'mon I was hoping to watch the new Tonight Show with Conan - dang.
Woke up early the next morning - no breakfast since no food - and headed off to work. I made it about 30 minutes early again so I stopped by Ralphs grocery (basically Safeway - but they don't have Safeway here) I got a sandwich for lunch and some fruit roll ups haha. I felt like I was in elementary school again with a sack lunch for a field trip.
Being my second day I didn't do too much - just some small projects again. I also got to watch some upcoming shows and make sure there wasn't any major errors. I really enjoyed the shows - one was a special on the behind the scenes look of the new movie "Planet of the Lost".
I met Jenny for lunch ( a fellow WSU student and intern at E!) we ate on the deck and then went for a walk around the La Brea Tar Pits. The Tar Pits are right across from the building and are naturally occuring tar seeping up from the ground? its very strang and interesting.
After lunch it was back to work - and then the day was over.
I decided that I really needed to go the grocery store. Traffic was bad and it took a while to get to the grocery store. I didn't feel like cooking so I ate 'In-n-Out' for dinner - its really good and cheap. I still didn't buy much at the grocery store - just the neccesities - donuts, bread, cheese, turkey and gatorade. I'll need to make another stop soon ...
From the time I left work to the time I got home after the grocery store and pit stop for food - it was two hours. I made it home just in time to watch some reality shows and then off to bed for me - busy day the next day ... I was going to six flags!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey!
Just wanted to let you know that Safeway in Cali is named Von's. Same Company, different name
Post a Comment